- 0 views
- By Caroline McNally
Safety is our core value and number one priority at Maverick. Since Maverick’s founding in 1996, we have focused on ensuring that every member of our team goes home safely, every day. We are an ISNetworld-certified company “A” rating and an exemplary 0.74 MOD rating; we will and do not sacrifice or compromise on safety.
Maverick takes pride in its reputation in our industry; therefore, the safety of the public and the safety of our employees are our first consideration in all company operations. The jobs and projects that Maverick employees complete are labor intensive, require extensive training programs, and can be dangerous. Without proper safety precautions small injuries, life-threatening injuries, and fatal accidents can occur.
It is the policy of Maverick to comply with all federal, state and local regulations pertaining to accident prevention, to identify and eliminate potential hazards, and to make every effort to prevent accidents. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration Standards (29 CER 1926) are our minimum acceptable requirements. Our Safety Program ensures that not only do we meet the minimum acceptable requirements but that we go above and beyond these standards.
It cannot be emphasized enough that the attitude developed by employees towards safety is a direct reflection of leadership and management. For this reason, all levels of management at Maverick are accountable for the execution of safe work practices and procedures. Our management team leads by example and instills a proper attitude towards safety amongst the teams they lead, while also ensuring that employees adopt our safety code and are accountable for their own actions.
Maverick’s safety program includes:
- The promotion of safety awareness of all employees through personal contact and active participation in the company’s Loss Control Program and safety activities.
- Providing personal protective equipment to all personnel as required and enforcing its use as a condition of employment.
- The installation and maintenance of all safeguards as required.
- Detection and prompt correction of unsafe practices and conditions.
- Enforcement of established regulations and disciplinary action necessary to assure compliance by all employees.
- Reporting of all accidents immediately, followed by a prompt and thorough investigation.
- Continual training and education of all personnel, with special attention given to new employees.
Our values have been and always will be making sure each employee feels safe and confident on a job site. We cannot do our job properly without it.Mike McNally, CEO Maverick Corporation
We believe in the execution and creation of a culture of “Safety First”. Our entire team is committed to safety and as a result our safety culture is among the best in the business.